Trailer Wheel Torque Procedure
1. After mounting a trailer wheel over the studs, thread and snug the lug nuts on the studs by hand. This will reduce the possibility of cross threading.
2. Following the order of the "Torque Sequence" illustration (see below) for your particular bolt pattern, torque the lug nuts 25 ft/lb.
3. Again, in sequential order, torque the lug nuts to 50% of their final torque value.
4. Finally, in sequential order, torque the lug nuts to 100% of their final torque value.
5. Re-torque after the first 25 miles, 50 miles, and again at 100 miles of use. Check periodically thereafter.
SHOP BY PHONE: 1.800.281.0769 | 714.995.4353
- What size ATV Wheels and Tires do I need for my vehicle?
- Trailer Wheel Torque Procedure
- Trailer Wheels and Tires Technical Definitions Guide
- Prefix Letters used by the Tire and Rim Association in Tire Size Designations and Their Definitions
- Trailer Wheel and Tire Fitment Guide
- Trailer-Wheels.com Order Transit Times
- How to correctly measure an ST Trailer Tire
- Radial Trailer Tires vs. Bias Ply Trailer Tires
- Aluminum Trailer Rims vs. Galvanized Trailer Rims
- How to measure your trailer rim lug pattern
Posted by Petra on 1/10/2014 to Trailer Wheels FAQ